I must confess I love to cook, it's something fun and also relaxes me, so I usually do it.
Besides that, I love Japanese food. It is simply delicious! So usually if I want to eat it, I make it.
I'm not gonna say I'm an expert on Japanese food, because I'll be lying. However, I usually search recipes and adapt it a bit, because there's not always all ingredients using in traditional Japanese cuisine (and go to a restaurant is delicious but usually expensive).
One day, searching internet for recipes, I found a page on youtube called "cooking with the dog", I recomended it, is lovely, and and explains step by step how to do this kind of food.
So today I will explain my version of okonomiyaki, one of my favorite recipes.
First of all:
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savoury pancake containing a variety of ingredients. The name is derived from the word okonomi, meaning "what you like" or "what you want", and yaki meaning "grilled" or "cooked".
That means, it's like a pizza, or a kind of omelette, and depending of the place, you will use different kind of ingredients and ways to serve it.
In my case, I searched one type of okonomiyaki, the easy one, but I don't like all ingredients, because it uses cabbage and I have gastritis and colitis and it's not good for that.
So, I made adaptations of that recipe and that's I'm gonna show.
To make Reykou's Okonomiyaki you will need:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup chicken broth (if you do not have it, put 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon powdered concentrated chicken broth)
2 eggs
chives or onion
meat (already cooked, I decided to use kosher sausage because it's tasty!)
carrots
corn
peas
Because it's Japanese food adapted to Mexican, I decided to use poblano rajas.
Bacon
teriyaki sauce
Note: Again, this is a version adapted to America, that's why the use of corn, rajas and this kind of food, the traditional okonomiyaki used cabbage, noodles, chives, and pork, especially. If you want to do it traditionaly, please, search another recipe.
Making of:
1. First, in a bowl mix the flour and chicken broth (or water with the powder), you'll get a very liquid consistency, don't worry.
2. Now, add all the vegetables and meat, mix.
3. Add the two eggs and mix well
4. In a skillet or grill, put oil only to prevent sticking, and add 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture. You can add more, but bigger you make them, then more difficult it may be turning.
5. Let it cook one side and when you see that it's ready, add bacon side up and flips so the bacon will cook with the other side.
6. Once ready, back flips, with the bacon up. You'll add a tablespoon of teriyaki sauce and evenly distribute all overt the okonomiyaki. Now, make fine lines with mayonnaise, and as a final step, add finely chopped chives.
7. Done. Serve on a plate and enjoy it!
Try to do it. I'm sure you'll love it.
See you next post!










great! now i can do it! thanks ;)
ReplyDeletejajajaja next post is going to be "tamagoyaki" (sweet egg) if you want to be here......
DeleteIt looks deli! but I remember when we tried it... Reckon you have improved quite a lot!
ReplyDeleteIn fact, there's a lot of things I do better now... But you're right, when we tried, was disgusting.... (I think it was the octopus... that's why I do it different way :)
ReplyDelete